An Art Deco landmark atop the oceanfront bluff of Santa Monica, the Shangri-La has offered guests a touch of Hollywood glamour, an air of Santa Monica sophistication and a rich Los Angeles history since 1939. Recently emerging after a two-year $30 million redesign as an eco-friendly style icon, the 4 star Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica, overlooking the pristine waters of the Pacific Ocean, is a picture of elegance.
Surrounded by private cabanas, the courtyard offers an elevated pool deck, solar-heated pool and poolside dining. An urban oasis in the heart of Santa Monica, guests can sunbathe, swim and relax while the Pool Butler takes care of the rest. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays boast Hollywood-style pool parties in the courtyard; guests are invited to enjoy DJ tunes while soaking up the California sun. Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica also offers a state-of-the-art fitness center, open 24 hours.
Decadent dining and divine libations are both features of the Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica. Transformed from a distinct guestroom, rooftop dining and signature cocktails can be found at Suite 700, the only open-air rooftop bar & lounge in Santa Monica. Enjoy Art Deco design and stunning ocean views while sipping a cocktail or snacking on the small plate offerings at this popular rooftop hangout. Guests who have worked up more of an appetite can enjoy a unique treat in The Dining Room. A wide range of entrees, small plates, and a raw bar/seafood selection make The Dining Room a fantastic option that will satisfy even the most experienced culinary aficionado.
Where Hollywood glamour meets the beach
• $30 million makeover including eco-friendly features such as a solar-heated pool
• Elevated pool deck and private cabanas
• Luxury accommodations near Venice Beach and Malibu
• Suite 700 rooftop bar & lounge
• Sybaris Rejuvenation Lounge featuring ILA Spa products
• Complimentary high speed wireless internet
A dedication to service, style and the environment
All 70 suites and rooms at the Shangri-La Santa Monica offer contemporary and cheerful décor, eco-friendly features and modern technology. Unique amenities including iPod docking stations, hardwood floors, daily newspaper delivery and deep soaking tubs ensure that each guest stays comfortable and cared for.
An Art Deco landmark in the heart of Santa Monica
Stay at the Shangri-LA Santa Monica and enjoy history, Art Deco design and contemporary convenience in the heart of it all. Call now to reserve a Shangri-La hotel suite or room.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Perched on a high bluff in the heart of Santa Monica, Hotel Shangri-La features spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and is within walking distance to the Santa Monica Pier, beaches, premium shopping, boutiques, and world-class restaurants
- 20 - 25 minutes driving time (approximately 10 miles) from Los Angeles International Airport
- 40 - 45 minutes driving time (approximately 23 miles) from Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport
1301 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, California